Monday, March 8, 2010

Yet Another Setback

I'm starting to get really frustrated. On Friday evening, my hip started twinging again, and when I woke on Saturday morning, the twinging had turned into pain. So once again, I chose to sit-out practice instead of pushing myself and causing additional injury. But I'm getting very concerned that maybe the physical therapy isn't really helping, and maybe the pain was mis-diagnosed. I'm frustrated and disappointed and ready to get to the bottom of this.

On the upside, once again, our practice was not rained out. So at least I wasn't sitting in the rain. And on the upside, while I sat and waited for the rest of the group, I watched everyone's stuff, did my stretching and strengthening exercises from the physical therapist, and hung out with friends. So all things considered, it could have been a lot worse.

I'm just mainly disappointed because I really felt good and ready to re-build my base again.

On the upside, I purchased a very cute bathing suit this weekend, so I can do my cardio at the pool. I haven't tried the public pool yet, but I understand that it's heated year-round, and pretty inexpensive. I plan to try it out sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment