Friday, March 5, 2010

Proud Pain

I know of two types of pain -- the pain of injury and the pain of accomplishment. I've struggled with the former for several months now, as I've been trying to heal my hip pain. But at the moment, I'm indulging in the latter -- pain from my amazing strength training workout yesterday.

It's great. Whenever I lift my arms, I'm reminded of the many reps of combination lifts I performed. If I laugh or change positions in my seat, my abs send a quick reminder of the work I did on the balance ball. The high heels I put on this morning are a lovely reminder of my calf stengthening/balance exercises. And most exciting -- the lack of hip pain tells me I did a great job of stretching the muscles in my legs.

I suppose the pain might not be so great had I been consistently working out in this way. But I simply feel proud of what I'm capable of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment