Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's a tear

Well, at least I have an answer. My orthopedist informed me that I have a small tear in my labrum (the protective cartilege in my hip socket). The good news -- it's fixable. The bad news -- not by him. So I've been referred to another surgeon, and am also in the process of researching additional surgeons (for second opinions). It's my hip, so I'm trying to get as much info as I can, and to find the right surgeon for me. I don't really know how to determine who is the right surgeon for me, but I've been doing a lot of google research.

Given that I've now officially been instructed to forego yoga, pilates, running, and any other impact sport (i.e., I can now pretty much only swim and ride a stationary bike), I've decided to forego posting on this Marathon Training themed blog until I can resume my training.

But because I believe that I'm not the only person struggling with a labral tear, I've now started a new blog: itoremylabrum.blogspot.com You can read all about my adventures selecting a surgeon, prepping for surgery, going through surgery and rehab, etc. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment